Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On Terrorism from [a] 14 yr old daughter

Posted at Free Republic.

Subject: Terrorism
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:11:03 +0000

Okay so there's this teacher in my school who teaches a terrorism class. I'm not in this class. Anyways, she hung up a poster outside her classroom that said: TERRORISM- write your opinion of terrorism. It's been up for about three weeks. Over the weeks, this poster has accumulated all of about 6 random useless and stupid comments that are about 3 words long on average. Most of them were about a certain kid in our school who finds great fascination in Hitler and Saddam, etc. So after a while, I got ticked off that nobody wanted to write down a solid opinion. So today, in the ten minutes before I left for choir, I decided to write down what I thought. This is almost word for word.

-----
"Well since no one is writing anything useful on here, I might as well add my comments. I believe that terrorism is Islamic extremists who want nothing more than to personally murder every single person that isn't a Muslim. There's no one they hate more than America. They want to DESTROY our notion (sic). They want to kill all of us, regardless of race, gender, or political affiliation. Therefore, I believe that terrorism is incredibly relevant to our lives today, it is horridly frightening, and is nothing less than pure EVIL. This is my opinion, and I am NOT backing off.

God bless our troops!"
-----

Now I know not all of that is completely accurate, like the fact that they probably hate the Jews more than Americans, but I wrote this incredibly quickly, in like less than ten minutes.

Anyway, I wrote this RIGHT before I left school for choir. When I got back from choir less than two hours later, the poster was GONE.

I refuse to believe this is a coincidence. If this had been up there for more than three weeks, why would they suddenly take it down when somebody decides to speak their mind? Have we really become so sensitive? Since when is being intolerant to Christians okay, but being intolerant to terrorists not okay?


She's right, you know.

No comments: